Shri. Baswaraj Nalegave, IRS
Baswaraj Nalegave, IRS
1. Baswaraj Nalegave, is an Indian revenue Service (Customs and Excise) officer of the
1994 batch. He is Commissioner City Customs Bangalore.
2. Import and export clearances in ICD’s and CFS’s at Bangalore and Foreign Post office
at Bangalore apart from monitoring of all export-oriented units, STPs, EHTPs etc
comes under jurisdiction.
3. Manufacture and other operations in a Customs bonded warehouse and expansion
of Inland Container depots in Bangalore is his focus area.
4. Mr Baswaraj has served at major ports and airports of Chennai and Mumbai as a
Senior Customs official. He has also served in Central Excise and Service Tax
department in Major cities.
5. He has been actively associated with building IT systems in the department.
6. In-bond manufacturing, Faceless assessment in Customs, digital transformation of
customs operations and automation of the departmental activities is his focus.
7. He is recipient of Prime Ministers award for excellence in Public Administration in
the year 2007.
8. He is from Karnataka. Studied in Bidar and Kalaburagi. He is graduate in Computer