Mr. Baswaraj Nalegave, IRS
Commissioner of Bengaluru Customs
- Baswaraj Nalegave, is an Indian revenue Service (Customs and Excise) officer of the 1994 batch.
- He is currently holding the charge of Commissioner City Customs Bangalore.
- Import and export clearances in ICD at Whitefield and Foreign Post office at Bangalore apart from monitoring of all export-oriented units, STPs, EHTPs etc comes under jurisdiction.
- Mr Baswaraj has served at major ports and airports of Chennai and Mumbai as a Senior Customs official. He has also served in Central Excise and Service Tax department in Major cities.
- He has been actively associated with building IT systems in the department.
- Faceless assessment in Customs, digital transformation of customs operations and automation of the departmental activities is his focus.
- He is recipient of Prime Ministers award for excellence in Public Administration in the year 2007 as a member of the team which designed and administered Risk management Systems in Customs which balances the enforcement and facilitation function at all ports and airports in the country.
- He is instrumental in development of GST Systems.
- He is from Karnataka. Studied in Bidar and Kalaburgi. He is graduate in Computer engineering from Gulbarga University.