Dr. Anup Dayanand Sadhu, IRTS
Dr Anup Dayanand Sadhu, working as Head & Group General Manager of Container Corporation of India Ltd., Bangalore, was born in Bangalore and did his early schooling at Ghataprabha, Belgaum District. Studied at Sri Ramakrishna Vidyashala, at Mysore, from 6th std to 10th std. Joined MBBS at Bangalore Medical College in 1984 and completed graduation in Medicine in 1990. Did his Post graduation course, MD in Neuropsychiatry at National Institute of Mental Health and Sciences, Bangalore from 1990 – 1993. Successfully cleared the Civil Service Exams in 1993, in his first attempt and joined Indian Railway Traffic Service. Did his Advanced Management Course at ICLIF MALAYSIA and also at the prestigious INSEAD BUSINESS SCHOOL, SINGAPORE.
Worked in various capacities as under:
- Divisional Safety Officer at Bangalore
- Senior Divisional Operations Manager at Mysore
- Senior Divisional Operations Manager at Hubli
- Senior Divisional Commercial Manager at Mysore
- Senior Divisional Operations Manager at Bangalore and
- Senior Divisional Commercial Manager at Bangalore
- Group General Manager, Container Corporation of India Ltd., Bangalore
RECIPIENT OF TWO NATIONAL AWARDS.
Ministry of Railways recognizing the exemplary work done by him, awarded “National Award for Outstanding Service in Administration” in 2005,
Recipient of National Tourism Award from Hon. President of India, Sri. Pranab Mukherjee in 2013, for the various Innovations undertaken at Mysore Division of South Western Railways.
Recipient of The General Manager’s Award for excellence in service in 2000, 2004 and 2015.
Received following awards as Head of CONCOR, Bangalore since recently, as a testimony of its growth story under his leadership.
– Two Golden Star Awards 2016 by Asian Confederation of Business & World Quality Congress
– National Innovation Award 2016 under Disruptive Technology & Innovation in Transport Sector.
– Smart Award 2016 by Maritime Gateway.
– Samman Patra in 2017 by the Indian Customs on the occasion of International Customs Day 2017.
– National Gateway Award for BEST ICD OF THE COUNTRY 2018 at Mumbai
– SMART AWARD 2018 from Maritime Gateway