I. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
Export Excellence Awards is one of the flagship events of FKCCI conducted annually wherein exporters of Karnataka in various categories at both State and District level are recognized for outstanding export performance by felicitating and awarding them.
II. NUMBER OF AWARDS:
Note: (if you have availed award for 3 continuous years are not eligible to apply)
|Sl.No||Category||Criteria||No. of Awards|
|1||Star Exporter Award One Award each to the overall best Exporter in Manufacturing, Merchant and Services (Incl. Software) categories||The following performance criteria during 2019-2020 will be considered FOB value of exports should be above 400 croresProducts/Services exportedCountries exported to Growth over the previous yearNFE earnings Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||3|
|2 (A)||Best Manufacturer Export Award Micro, Small, Medium and Large Categories (Gold & Silver awards to each category)||Manufacturing enterprise with investment in Plant & Machinery as mentioned below. (MSME definition) Micro up to Rs.25 Lakhs.Small between Rs.25 lakhs to Rs.5 CroresMedium between Rs.5 Crores to Rs.10 Crores.Large above Rs.10 Crores. The following performance criteria during 2019-2020 will be considered FOB Value of exportProducts/ services exportedCountries exported toGrowth over the previous yearNFE earnings Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||8|
|2 (B)||Best Manufacturer Exporter Award Khadi & Village Industries category (Gold Award)||Applicants are requested to provide necessary certificate from KVIB / KVIC. The FOB value of exports with detail to be provided. Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|3||Best Merchant Exporter Award (Gold & Silver awards)||The following performance criteria during 2019 – 2020 will be considered. FOB value of exportsProducts/services exportedCountries exported toGrowth over the previous yearNFE earnings Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||2|
|4(A)||Best Services Exporter Award (IT & ITES) (Gold & Silver awards to each category)||The following performance criteria during 2019-2020 will be considered Value of ExportType of services exportedCountries exported toGrowth over the previous yearNFE earnings Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||4|
|5||Best District Exporter (Zonalwise) Raichur, Koppal, YadgirMangaluru, Udupi, Kodagu, ChickmagalurBagalkot, Belgaum, Uttara KannadaMandya, Mysore, Chamarajanagar, HassanShimoga, Ballari, Davanagere, ChitradurgaGadag, Haveri, DharwadBangalore Rural, Ramanagar, Chickballapur, Tumkur, KolarGulbarga, Bidar, Bijapur||For the Best Export Performance during 2019-2020 of district based exporter of the State (excluding Bangalore Rural & Urban Districts). The FOB value of exports during 2019-2020 and other details to be provided. Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||16|
|Special Awards Category|
|6(A)||Best Exporter Award in Special category (Gold & Silver Awards)||For the Best Export Performance during 2019- 2020 of any Manufacturer/ Merchant/ Service Exporter from Karnataka for noteworthy value addition/ innovation/ technology up-gradation in their exports. The following performance criteria during 2019-20 will be considered. FOB value of exportsProducts/services/ exportedCountries exported toGrowth over the previous yearNFE earningsA brief note or write – up for noteworthy value addition / innovation / Technology up – gradation to substantiate. Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||2|
|6(B)||Best Debut Exporter Award||The best export performance during 2019-2020 of any Manufacturer / Merchant / Service establishment, which has been incorporated after 1.4.2019. Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|6(‘C)||Best Exporter Award from Most / More and Backward Taluk||The best export performance during 2019-2020 of any Manufacturer / Merchant / Service establishment /enterprise, located in most / more and backward taluk of Karnataka State as specified in the State Industrial Policy 2014-19 (refer IV) Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|6(D)||NMPT Best Exporter Award||Based on the shipments effected through the New Mangalore Port Trust during 2019-2020 Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|6(E)||Special Award for the best export facilitation organization (Both State and Central Govt. Departments)||For excellence export related promotional services rendered by an export facilitation organization during 2019-2020. (The Organization who applied for the Award has to select the Facilitation Orgn. Please refer an application form Sl.No.36) Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|6(F)||Special Award for the best Financial Institution Both State & Central Govt. Departments and Private)||For excellent export related financial services rendered by a financial institution to exporters of Karnataka during 2019-2020 (for application refer Annexure…..) Please refer “Eligibility & Selection criteria for Awards”||1|
|7||Best Exporter Award of the year (Women Entrepreneur)||Highest Export performed by Women Entrepreneurs either individual or should have more than 51% of the shares in the company||1|
|8||Best Exporter in Agro Processing category||4|
|9||COVID-19 Award||Best Manufacturer Exporter for COVID Support. Manufacturers of PPEs (Personal Protection Equipments). The PPE includes face-shield, goggles, masks, gloves, gowns, thermal screening equipment, ventilators, sanitizers etc.||2|
- III. ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA FOR AWARDS
- The establishment and enterprise exporters must be located in Karnataka.
- For Best Micro Manufacturer Exporter Awards, the export turn over should be less thanor equal to Rs.25 Lakhs only.
- For Best Small Manufacturer Exporter Awards, the export turn over should be more than Rs.25 Lakhs and less than or equal to Rs.10 crores only.
- For Best Manufacturer Medium Export Awards, the export turnover should be more than Rs.10 crores and less than or equal to Rs.100 Crores.
- For Best Large Manufacturer Export Awards, the export turnover should be more than Rs.100 Crores and less than or equal to Rs.400 crores.
- For Best Micro Service Exporter Awards, the export turn over should be less thanor equal to Rs.25 lakhs only.
- For Best Small Service Exporter Awards, the export turn over should be more than Rs.25 Lakhs andless than or equal to Rs.50 lakhs only.
- For Best Medium Service Export Awards, the export turnover should be more than 50 Lakhs.
- For Best Manufacturer Exporter Awards for Khadi& Village Industries category there is no minimum export turnover criteria.
- 10. For Best District Exporter Awards category there is no minimum export turnover criteria.
- For Best Exporter Award from More / Most and Backward Taluk under Special Awards Category there is no minimum export turnover criteria.
- For Debut Exporter Awardsunder Special Award Category there is no minimum export turnover criterion.
- An exporter shall be eligible for only one award. If any exporter applies for awards in more than one category, the selection committee will decide the category for the award consideration, which shall be final and binding on the exporter. Also, if application is received for the inappropriatecategory, the selection committee will decide the correct category for consideration of the award.
- Preference would be given to exporters who have not got the Export Award in the same category in three consecutive years. However, such exporters who have excelled in the year 2019-2020 also would get a special recognition.
- Interested exporters are requested to fill in the application format and submit to FKCCI by 20th July 2020. For all categories a separate testimonial to be submitted duly attested by the Chartered Accountant and also Bank Realization Certificate (BRC).
- The decisions of the Selection committee, which comprises of trade experts in selection of the export awardees in the various categories, are final and binding.
- Special Awards will be presented to the best export facilitation organization and financial institution based in Karnataka for their yeoman services rendered in the interest of export promotion rendered to exporters. FKCCI will design the criteria for selection of these awards.
- If the Director / Managing Director / Proprietor / Proprietrix of any organization is a member of the Managing committee of Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry- Bangalore for the year 2019-2020, he / she must declare that they are Managing Committee Members.
- The Application Should accompanied with following documents
- MSME certificate / Udyog Aadhaar / Large Industry Registration Certificate
- The Merchant exporter may submit GST registration OR
- Shops Establishment Certificate OR APMC Certificate as a proof of business
- Copies of Last 3 years audited Balance sheet & Profit & Loss and also Bank Realization Certificate (BRC).
- Copies of ISO certificate / IP etc
- EPFO/ESI Returns for justifying employment details
- Any other certificates / customer feedback
- Award certificate copies
- Also provide the Chartered Accountant certificate for the following details
|Particular||2017-18 (in Crores)||2018-19 (in Crores)||2019-20 (in Crores)|
|Export FOB Value|
|Import CIF Value|
|Net Foreign Exchange (NFE)Earning|
IV. MOST / MORE and BACKWARD TALUK’s OF KARNATAKA
MOST / MORE and BACKWARD TALUK OF KARNATAKA
|Sl.No.||District||Most Backward Taluk||More Backward Taluk||Backward Taluk||Other Taluk|
|1||Bengaluru (Urban)||Bengaluru East, West, North, South, Anekal|
|2||Bengaluru (Rural)||Devenahalli Doddaballapura Hoskote Nelamangala|
|3||Ramanagara||Magadi Channapattana Kanakapura||Ramanagara|
|4||Chitradurga||Holalkere||Hiriyur Molkalmuru Chitradurga Hosadurga||Challakere|
|5||Davangere||Channagiri Jagalur Harappanahalli||Honnali||Davanagere Harihara|
|6||Chikkaballapura||Gudibande Bagepalli||Chintamani Chikkabalapura||Gowribidanur Siddlaghatta|
|7||Kolar||Mulbagal Srinivasapura||Kolar Bangarpet Malur|
|8||Shimoga||Saraba||Hosanagara||Shimoga Bhadravathi Sagar Shikaripura Thirthahalli|
|9||Tumakuru||Madhugiri Koratagere Gubbi Sira Pavagada||Tumkur Turuvekere Tiptur Chikkanayakanahalli Kunigal|
|10||Chamarajanagar||Yelandur Gundlupet||Chamarajanagara Kollegala|
|11||Chikkamagaluru||Kadur Mudugere Tarikere||Chikkamagalur Shringri Koppa N.R. Pura|
|12||Dakshina Kannada||Bantwal||Mangalore Puttur Sulya Belthangadi|
|13||Hassan||Arekalgud Belur||Arasikere CP Patna H N Pura Alur||Hassan Sakaleshpura|
|15||Mandya||Malavalli||Srirangapatna Nagamangala KR Pet Panduvapura||Mandy Maddur|
|16||Mysuru||Periyapatna HD Kote||Hunsur TN Pura||Mysuru Nanjangudu|
|17||Udupi||Udupi Kundapura Karkala|
|18||Bagalkote||Bilagi Badami||Bagalkote Mudol Jamkandi Hunagand|
|19||Belgaum||Balihongal Soundathi Chikkodi Raibag||Belgaum Athani Hukkeri Gokak Khanpur Ramdurg|
|20||Vijayapura||Muddebihal B Bagewari||Sindgi Indi Vijayapura|
|21||Dharwad||Navalgund||Dharwad Hubli Kalghatagi Kundhghol|
|22||Gadag||Nargund Ron||Mundargi||Gadag Shirahatti|
|23||Haveri||Hirekerur Hanagal||Savanur Shiggon Haveri||Ranebennur Byadagi|
|24||Uttar Kannada||Honnavar Sirsi Mundagod Yellapura Siddapura||Karvar Haliyal Supa Bhatkal Ankola Kumta|
|25||Bellary||HB Halli Hadagalli Kudigi||Bellary Hospet Sandur Siraguppa|
|26||Bidar||Bhalki Humnabad Basavakalyana Aurad|
|27||Gulbarga||Gulbarga Afzalpur Aland Jewargi||Sedam Chittapur Chincholi|
|28||Yadagiri||Yadagiri Shahapur Shorapur|
|29||Koppal||Kushtagi Yelburga||Koppal Gangavathi|
|30||Raichur||Sindhanur Manvi Lingasugar Devadurga|
Ref: Karnataka Industrial Policy 2014-19